David represents the Nationals as Member for Western Victoria Region. The Western Victorian electorate is a region which covers an area from Geelong to the South West border, and north to Horsham, also taking in Stawell, Ararat, Ballarat and Maryborough.
David is the Deputy Leader of the Nationals in the Legislative Council.
He is also the Chair of the Rural and Regional Committee of Parliament and a member of the Public Accounts and Estimates Committee and the Legal and Social Issues Committee.
Creating more local jobs in regional and rural communities is a key priority for the Nationals as part of the Coalition Government.
The Regional Growth Fund has so far delivered around $400 million to regional Victoria, leveraging over $1.6 billion in total investment for more than 1,400 projects.
- Great Ocean Road Heritage Centre opened 26-Nov-2014
- OBrien wants fair go for regional live music fans 26-Nov-2014
- Talbot Timbers project supported by state government 24-Nov-2014
- Majorca Hall re-opens after major works 24-Nov-2014
- Carisbrook Market Reserve boosted by major funding 24-Nov-2014